Flights of Fancy
Why flying socks aren't the "Next Big Thing":
1) It's easy enough to lose your socks without them being able to take flight!
2) Surface to weight ratios. Wings on a sock would just need to be incredibly large to lift a human-sized mass.
3) Theft from government and/or criminal organizations. Flying socks would be stolen. Immediately.
4) Lack of a viable power source. "Magic" just ain't gonna cut it.
5) Our litigious society. Just think of the lawsuits when little Johnny flies out the door!
Our socks might not actually lift you off of your feet, but Soxfords' "Flights of Fancy" can certainly lift your spirits!
Red and navy rugby striped cotton socks. Detailed wings are embroidered near the ankles on both sides of each sock. A subtle detail adding a spring to your step!
"Flights of Fancy" socks are made from a mix of 65% premium Peruvian Pima cotton, 33% nylon, and 2% Spandex to give the perfect amount of stretch needed to mold our socks comfortably around your legs without cutting off circulation.
All of our "Signature" series socks feature "60/2" yarn, where two fine yarns are spun into a single, stronger, yarn of high quality and durability. We use 200N knitting machines to craft fine socks with a high level of detail.
Crafted to the highest quality possible, these are socks to be proud of. We know we are!
Size and Fit
Cut in mid-calf or over-the-calf styles, with a nice wide cuff to avoid slippage. These socks have some additional stretch added for a really great comfort fit. One size fits most, comfortably accommodating US men’s shoe sizes 8-12, women’s 10 – 14.