At Soxfords we try to live by some simple rules:
- our community comes first—talk to us!
- don’t take yourself seriously—life is shorter than you think.
- embrace subtlety but let loose when appropriate.
- funky is how you should feel… not smell
- everyone should read Calvin and Hobbes
- try wearing something that starts a conversation
- always cut the red wire
- we are all geeks at heart
- everything sounds silly when you think about it long enough
- in the future we will all get to fly in rocket ships to work
- kids should not own a monopoly on superhero underwear
- you should never feel unnecessary
- no one likes bullies, tattletales, or brown-nosers
- daydream often—your subconscious often makes the best decisions
- dress well because you want to, not because you have to
- the grass is always greener because of the chemicals
- never underestimate the value of friends and family
- up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start
- just because someone won’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t important
- stay grounded no matter who you may become
- get excited about something and think about it often
- we are all equally crazy—some just hide it better than others
- big things start small
- we’ve all had the cootie shot
- cats are crazy/funny/awesome
- “...Just 'cause somethin' ain't been done Don't mean it can't be did...” -Shel Silverstein
While all these things might seem a bit silly, when you add them up you get a picture of who we are trying to become.
We might take some time to get there and are bound to make a few mistakes along the way, but we'll always try to keep a fun and simple outlook on life in mind!